Watch this heart warming, inspiring, TED talk – When There’s More to Life than Being Happy by writer Emily Esfahani Smith. She shares how happiness comes and goes and that serving something beyond yourself and developing the best within you — gives you something to hold onto. Learn more about the difference between being happy and having meaning as Smith offers four pillars of a meaningful life: belonging; purpose; trancendence; and story telling.
The Untold Story of America’s Mindfulness Movement: Then, Now & the Future
- Why 8 minutes matters
- We have an innate preference for goodness
- Compassion and kindness can be nurtured
- Mindfulness is a way of being
- Meditation is about opening our hearts, calming our minds, in benefit to ourselves and others
- Mindfulness -> attention training -> cognitive control -> paying attention to attention
- The real meditation practice is every moment of your life
What Does it Take to Be a Great Leader in the 21st Century?
Roselinde Torres spent 25 years observing truly great leaders at work. In this TED talk – What Does it Take to Be a Great Leader, Torres shares how great leaders see around corners, value diversity, let go of past practices, and ask three simple but crucial questions so that their organizations can thrive in the future.